Recently, we have updated all drupal sites. An inherent bug came with the Ctools version update.

The Ctools version 1.10 displays an error as shown in the screenshot below:

Finding no alternative to resolve this issue, we simply turned the Error reporting setting to write errors to log only smiley

Problem:

"This bug is likely caused by pcre 8.30+, most Linuxes still use older versions, but FreeBSD has 8.30_1 currently. But this version of pcre will be on Linux soon - it's developed on FreeBSD.

It breaks core search too in D6/7.

Ctools has it because it has code in cleanstring.inc that is copied from includes/unicode.inc (D7 core) or modules/search/search.module in D6. "

---- cited from https://drupal.org/node/1444006

 

Solution:

  • Go to your Ctools > includes folder
  • Edit the file cleanstring.inc
  • Replace the line

'\x{a80b}\x{a823}-\x{a82b}\x{d800}-\x{f8ff}\x{fb1e}\x{fb29}\x{fd3e}\x{fd3f}'

with

'\x{a80b}\x{a823}-\x{a82b}\x{e000}-\x{f8ff}\x{fb1e}\x{fb29}\x{fd3e}\x{fd3f}'

 

 

 

Add new comment