CiviCRM default installation comes with a Standard CKEditor toolbar. It does not have the advanced formatting plugins. Even there is no UI in CiviCRM to enable the advanced formatting toolbar. If we need the advanced formatting toolbar then we will have to do the followings:
- We will need to download the Full/Advanced CKEditor toolbar package. Using the CKEditor Builder Tool we can download the full package easily. The steps are very simple. Download CKEditor package using CKEditor Builder Tool from here.
- Once CKEditor download is done, replace the core CiviCRM CKEditor files from /civicrm/packages/ckeditor directory with the downloaded files.
- Now you can see the advanced toolbar in all CKEditor compose window in CiviCRM.
- You can organize and rearrange the toolbar icons by editing the config.js file under ckeditor directory.
We did not find any way yet to make this change upgrade safe. So when you will upgrade CiviCRM version, your changes will be lost. So you have to do the following if you upgrade CiviCRM version.
- Keep backup of the customized ckeditor folder.
- Once version upgrade is done, replace the core ckeditor folder with the backed up version.
- If you want to keep updated version of ckeditor package as well, then download the updated CKEditor using CKEditor Builder Tool and follow the above steps (1-4).
- Then do the necessary changes in config.js file if needed.