NAnt is a free .NET build tool, but it is enough handy to accomplish our intricate job once we able to put it in place. The configuration options are enormous and I am sure you will get a way of your new job accomplished. This is because we have been doing a lot of manual work every time while we deploy this particular project, but finally we have come accross a solution of a large build management work. This is implemented for one of our projects as well. The following major jobs have been achieved with NAnt tool which will not only give you a sense of how you adopt this amazing tool into you build process but it will also help to get a particular job done.
- The process takes SVN update two codebases from different locations with a single build management process.
- Build one solution seperately and store the build files to a seperate location.
- Find an syntax in these build files and replace with another syntax.
- Move some files from these build files to a different folders of second codebase.
- Build the sencond codebase with the newly copied files.
- Delete some files which are not needed to deploy to web sever.
- Deploy the build files to web server.
- Run SQL script files.
- Finally, run unit testing process.
After all, this tool obviously contributes a lot to our development and brings up a smooth development process.